The Antiphonal Music of Gabrieli, featuring the Brass sections from the Philadelphia, Cleveland and Chicago Symphony Orchestras. Master Works Heritage, Sony Classical MHK62353. We heard track 7- Canzon a 12 by G. Gabrieli
2. Russische Musik für Blechbaser, featuring the Montanus Quintett. Fermate FER 20022. We heard track 14 - Quintett by Aleksandr Aljababjew [Alexander Alyabiev] (1787-1851)
3. Premier! featuring the American Brass Quintet. Summit Records DCD 187. We heard: track 1 - Allegro vigoroso from Brass Quintet No. 2 (1993) by Gunther Schuller (b. 1925) and track 10-11 - Brass Quintet (1982) by Dan Welcher (b. 1948)
Four of a Kind: Music for Trombone Quartet, featuring Joe Alessi, Scott Hartman, Mark Lawrence and Blair Bollinger. Summit Records DCD 123. We heard tracks 3 & 4 - "Andante" and "Poco Adagio" from Beethoven's Drei Equali
5. Confluences featuring Tom Brantley, trombone and Jay Coble, trumpet. JCTB Productions (USF Tampa). We heard track 1 - "Allegro" from Divertimento for Trumpet, Trombone and Piano by Boris Blocher (1903-1975)
6. Virtuoso Brass featuring the Chicago Brass Quintet. Delos DE 1022 13491 1022 2 (1991). Chicago Brass is Ross Beacroft, Bradley Boehm, trumpets; Jonathan Boen, horn; James Mattern, trombone; Robert Bauchens, tuba. We heard track 14 - "La Marche" from Suite from the Monteregian Hills by Morley Calvert (1928-1991)
Frozen Brass: Africa & Latin America [Anthology of Brass Band Music #2] Pan Records 2026. We marched to track 10 - Winti-pre Opening Song . From the liner notes: "one of the opening hymns of a Winti-pre changing into the first Winti dance song." What's Winti you say? Click here to find out.
• The above CD is available at CD Roots, which is a great place to find a wealth of recordings of brass music from around the world, including the Balkans, Latin America, Europe and Asia.
• The Eastman Trombone Choir has a nice page on the history of the trombone choir, check it out.
• REMINDER: February 23rd and April 5th are extra listening sessions. I will open them up to anyone who like to present more recordings, or didn't get all the way through their initial session.