Tuesday, April 16, 2013
Monday, April 08, 2013
- Blog about a work for brass ensemble that you like that we did not listen to or discuss in class. If you would nominate it for a "landmark work" explain why.
- Find a mediocre performance of a brass ensemble work on YouTube and then write a "virtual coaching" post. Be sure to provide positive feedback as well as constructive criticism.
- Compare a brass ensemble arrangement to the original work. Compare two recordings of the same arrangement.
- Discuss your experiences organizing a brass ensemble tour and share what you learned on the tour.
- Compare and contrast two pieces from the same time period, country, or composer.
- Write a review of a book or journal article related to brass ensemble literature, performing, or a related musical issue.
- Share what you know about composers who have written for brass ensemble for a particular region of the world.
- Get inspired by read each other's blog posts and create a post of your own on a similar topic.
- Give us a preview of your upcoming listening presentation.
- Read some of the older posts on ABEL Central and write a post inspired by a class form a previous year.