Free Blogging Host Sites:
Some classical music blogs:
- The Rest is Noise
- Brass Musician
- Classical Music (Cincinnati.com)
- Pittsburgh Symphony Blog
- The Well-Tempered Blog
- Scottish Symphony Orchestra
- Horn Roller
- Jason Heath's Double Bass Blog
- I was doing alright
- Pick a theme or subject. (such as Civil War Brass Bands, or South American Brass Quintets, etc.)
- Set up your blog and email the name and location of your blog so I can link to it here.
- Post twice weekly. I would recommend using your blogs publication schedule reminder if they have one.
- Think of your blog as a combination online guide to your subject and personal journal for this course.
- In addition to commentary, create hyperlinks, post pictures, and explore your subject.
- Be sure to check out the blogs of the other students and make occassional comments.
- Let me know if you encounter any problems. Be sure to use a free blogging host, and experiment with a few posts to see if you can easily navigate their interface.